The Atavism

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Spinlessness - The Other Damsel

This week's Sunday Spinelessness is dedicated to those people who wash up at this post after googling for "Austrolestes colensonis" only to be disappointed. At the time I wrote that post on our damselflies I didn't have a photo of the the New Zealand Blue Damselfly, let me correct that now. A full body shot:

damsel2

And a close up:

damsel3

These photos were taken at Fensham Reserve in the Wairarapa. We walked through the bush there on a bright summer's afternoon and every time we passed a break in the canopy we found a little flight of Austrolestes basking in the sun. The reflective wings were beautiful, but, as you're about to see, not easily photographed:

damsel1

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Posted by David Winter 11:40 AM

2 Comments:

I tend not to leave a lot of comments, but i did a few
searching and wound up here "Sunday Spinlessness - The Other Damsel".
And I actually do have 2 questions for you if it's allright. Is it simply me or does it look like some of these responses appear as if they are written by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at additional sites, I'd
like to follow everything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list of every one of all your
public pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin
profile?
Look at my blog post ; rosacea acne
Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so
much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog.
A great read. I will certainly be back.
Here is my web blog - get rid of pimples

Post a Comment