The Atavism

Thursday, March 17, 2011

From a blog post to TV

There can't be many countries in which you could end up on national TV for staying up all night and writing a blog post criticising someone, but New Zealand is one them.

I knew when Campbell Live aired that interview with Ken Ring there was going to be a great deal of interest in his predictions, but I never imagined just how far my post on the topic would reach. It got more than a years worth of normal traffic for me and my wierd bugs and was quoted by an AFP article and Radio New Zealand's Mediawatch (one step towards my life goal of being interesting enough to be interviewed by Kim Hill). Then I got contacted by Tristam Clayton from Campbell Live, who was putting together a follow-up to that first interview and wanted to include me. I think the hour or so I spend filming that interview isthe scariest thing I've ever done, and I was very nervous from start to finish. Somehow, they managed to cut together a few minutes that make me sound as if I know what I'm talking about, and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I don't think the TV3 site lets you embed their videos, but you can go and see it here (the site isn't geo-locked, so, foreign friends, you should be able to laugh at my accent):

Ken Ring’s quake theories – how scientific are they

Labels: ,

Posted by David Winter 9:04 AM

2 Comments:

You deserve everything that happened.Well done for taking the time to logically refute such claims.And I'm not at all biased in making this comment!
Well done and thanks David for the scientific approach which is the best way to counter pseuds.

Post a Comment