The Atavism

Friday, February 26, 2010

You have to be in to win...

Research Blogging Awards 2010 FinalistSo, in a fit of egotism and optimism I nominated myself (and a bunch of other people) for the Research Blogging Awards - putting myself forward in the category of "Best Lay-Level Blog". The finalists were announced today and it seems I made the list. Apparently in the next stage researchblogging.org members vote for their favourite blogs in each catergory. I think it's safe to say I'll be out of the running once voting starts but I'm really quite chuffed and... damn it I'm just gonna say it... it's an honour just to be nominated among real writers lie Brian Switek of Laelaps and Ed Yong of Not Exactly Rocket Science and the bloggers behind The Lay Scientist, Observations of a Nerd, Mauka to Makai and Cancer Research UK's blog.

Congratulations to all the finalists but in particular to Aimee Whitcroft who does a lot of work behind the scenes at sciblogs and has been nominated in the chemistry physics and astronomy category.

Labels: , , ,

Posted by David Winter 10:19 AM

2 Comments:

Congrats! I really like your blog and you know how much science knowledge I have. On a "small country" note, I actually met (read: got drunk with) Aimee Whitcroft this week! She's fab - I'll have to start reading her blog now to :-)
Well thanks, the target audience is very much the intelligent layman (or woman) so I'm glad it meets at least one of it's targets!

I've never met Aimee in person but I bet she's trouble once she's on the turps...

Post a Comment