The Atavism

Friday, March 23, 2012

On the radio

David McMorran from the Department of Chemistry here at Otago hosts a fortnightly radio show, which talks about postgraduate research in the Division of Science. I was the guest last week, so if you want to hear me talk about taxonomy, the challenge that the world's biodiversity represents for scientists and a little bit about my land snails the audio for interview is up here.

I find it very hard to listen to recordings of my own voice, but I did manage to get through that audio once. So, I should say that "a bloke called Ernst Mayr" is perhaps taking the antipodean lack of reverence for important people a little too far. And I don't know what I said the Galapagos has nightingales - it was the Galapagos mockingbirds that Darwin was interested in.

I was a little bit nervous about doing the interview, but in the end far the most difficult part of the whole process was trying to find three songs so share. Here's one that missed the cut, decided it was just a bit too cute:

   

Labels: , , ,

Posted by David Winter 9:50 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment